Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Tale of a Man's Heart- Part One

The Tale of a Man’s Heart- Part One

As I wandered the land, I often met many roads. Each road brings a new story and each story triggers a new beginning. Upon each road, there would be paths that fork ever so often. I’ve took many roads, and uncovered many paths, only to be led astray. Yet now is a different story… and I shall tell you my full account, and keep you, the readers, well informed of my journey. For ending it is nowhere near but merely starting… or in a better word, restarting. This is my story, and I shall tell it in a way that I experienced it.

Before me was a crossroad. I examined it thoroughly and found out each of its destination. One was hazy and unclear, and was uncertain. It was an easy path to take and a short one perhaps. But I did not see a clear prospect at the end. And yet the other was quite the opposite. It wound long… long and beyond the horizon. But from afar, I could spot a glimpse of great beauty and splendor; a forest of many tones and colors, and echoes of paradise vibrated from the path. It was lengthy, and it would be harsh. I was not even certain if I could reach it. But I felt things that brought me there… there was a factor that I never felt that pulled me towards it. Willingly and tempted, I had overcome many troughs, jumped over many ruts, and endured many cold nights upon that road. Alas I felt myself not getting anywhere near, as if the beauty that I once saw crept further with every step I take… I did not know why, but my mind soon though it was futile to continue. The patience that kindled in me was running low on fuel and I had no intention of refueling. I turned back, expecting to find the familiar obstacles in my way. Surprisingly, it was smooth and I reached the crossroad in mere days.

I looked over the other road. Its prospect was becoming clearer, as though the haze that once covered it moved to the other site. I saw light coming, dim it was but still arouses hope. A fool I was to have ignored this path before. Short it was before and obstacles were scarce. But I could not regret what I have chosen for it was completely my doing and have no one to burden the blame upon. I knew the road was treacherous, but I went on. I felt different walking on this road… it was wide and little obstacles were on it. Yet it was different than before as I saw it. It was very smooth and short, with lesser hurdles to jump over. But once again, regret was not an option. As I strolled on the new road, I was captivated by its difference. Many interesting things happened that would keep me walking on. Yet soon my thoughts were disrupted by things that could be of truth. The land might not be vacant, and I was trespassing. That was what I had feared, and the reason my journey paused for the while. I searched for any clues of what could prove my theories. Fortune smiled upon me then… I met a man in the midst of my search. He was waiting there, as if waiting for me. We had a face-to-face talk, a serious talk about what laid ahead. He has not journeyed deeply, but he was certain that this road belonged to no one. A relieve I was when I heard that. But there was other news that he delivered… Someone had come before me. The man gave me things that would be useful for my journey, advices that had enlightened me… and urged me to reach the place before he does. The radiance awaited me yonder…

To be continued…

1 comment:

Azam Raharjo said...

aku tu pengin nulis critoku dijadiin inggris
apadaya tak bisa

yah visualisasikan saja deh